Saturday, December 25, 2010

Almost but *not quite*

So... a couple of nights ago I started having some contractions. Based on my history I didn't think too much of it. But they were pretty persistent so WorkerBee and I decided that since it was so late and the BabyBee was already asleep we would just go to the hospital, get me a shot of Terbutaline and head on home! Epic FAIL. My body decided to try going into labor early again- I was 35 weeks exactly the night we went in. I honestly don't know how some ladies can make it all the way to their due dates. I applaud you ALL. For me at 28 weeks my body starts saying OK! Let's do this! Which makes the doctors nervous. Anyhow. Long story short, I got put on MORE magnesium sulfate to try and stop my labor, got an "emergency" amniocentesis and prayed really hard to NOT have a baby before Christmas and to be discharged before then. Thankfully I am home now with my Bee boys and we were able to share a wonderful Christmas together! This is our last time we will have a Christmas with just the 3 of us so it was pretty special and important to be able to be there! Hooray for Christmas miracles and modern medicine AND steroid shots. Which by the way HURT. A lot. I will be posting pics from my awesome hospital stay- most of which involve the 5 incredible bruises I got from the nurses attempting to get my IV in. Yeah. I hate needles. And there will be pics from Christmas as well! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that we can remember the real reason for the season.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're home and had a Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see pics of the baby bee enjoying his Christmas.....and I'm sure you over the moon happy that Papa Bee is home for awhile...enjoy your time together!!

    ReplyDelete