Friday, July 2, 2010

Things I miss from being a kid...

Remember when you were little and your parents didn't have to worry about monitoring what you watched on TV? I do! I remember and I miss watching shows that were specifically designed for little kids and there were no naughty parts and no worries that your child/children were watching SMUT. Yep.... Smut. Now that I have a little kiddo myself it makes me worry when I see certain shows marketed towards kids. Thankfully I am a die hard Disney fan and the majority of their shows I would feel more than comfortable watching. I am seriously considering not telling my kids what shows are actually on and just letting them watch copies of the shows I watched as a little kid. Such as.........





My Little Pony Tales were great! Boys had Transformers and us girls had this!



CareBears are seriously one of my all-time favorite cartoon characters. EVER! I loved that they were friends with the little stars and eventually with the movie they got CareBear cousins and had the BabyBears. So stinkin cute.




Rainbow Brite I don't remember too well but I know I loved her awesome outfit (who wouldn't want to wear every color of the rainbow ALL THE TIME?)






Oh Strawberry Shortcake. I loved your pets and the fact that you make me hungry. Yummm





Fraggle Rock is rad. Seriously. It's from Jim Henson people. JIM HENSON. My sister the MomBabe found Fraggle Rock on DVD and I won't lie... I'm super jealous.








Eureeka's Castle was one of the ONLY good shows (in my opinion) that Nickelodeon ever made. Good job guys! You got one right!







Smurfs. I already loved the color blue and after watching the Smurfs and seeing that their whole bodies were blue I was pretty sad I couldn't be a Smurf too.









Tale Spin! Hello..... A cartoon that was a spin-of from Jungle Book?!?!? How could it NOT be amazing? I remember doing a synchro routine to the theme song and totally winning. AWESOME.



What do you miss most from YOUR childhood?!?!

























10 comments:

  1. I loved Arthur! Heck, I still love Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake. And Fraggle Rock. And pretty much every cartoon you mentioned, except for Eureka's window because I've never heard of it. We didn't have Nickelodeon on our cable til I was way older. BUT, I don't like my older boy watching Nickelodeon... because even in the middle of shows like Dora the Explorer, they show commercials for things that just aren't preschool-age-appropriate. Disney Channel at least refrains from those commercials until the preschool age shows are over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know Fraggle Rock is a comic book now? Check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Fraggle-Rock-1-Heather-White/dp/1932386424/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278114267&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. He-Man and She-Ra! Thundercats and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Wow I just realized I kinda sound like a little boy. What if I told you I had every My Little Pony there was and the entire set of Lady LovelyLocks, not to mention too many Barbies to count?? There, that sounds a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, and DuckTales and Gummi Bears and Rescue Rangers!! Go Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there is a cable channel that still plays all the old cartoons. But we don't have cable. Thanks for the blast into the past I miss watching all those shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.M.G! I miss all of that! I watch the theme songs on youtube all the time. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tailspin! That show rocked. It came on right after Duck Tales. That was the best hour of my life when those 2 shows came on. And of course you can't forget about Gummi Bears and the GOOD Seame Street (what happened to Elmo? He's become demented :(). Remember Mr. Rogers? When I have kids I hope they come out with Season DVDs of Sesame St and Mr. Rogers. Because this crap these days is not going to cut it.

    And dude, you guys were obsessed with Fragle Rock. It was always on every time I came over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS

    Do you think I ever did anything other than watch TV as a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  10. um, i think we are around the same age 'cause i watched all these shows too!

    my chloe has oldschool carebears, teddy ruxpin & strawberry shortcake episodes on DVD if you ever wanna borrow. haha...

    ReplyDelete